Sunday, April 19, 2009

half-marathon, wedding fun!





My friend Kevin and I ran the Charlottesville 1/2 marathon yesterday. I finished in just under two hours. The course was the same as last year - I had forgotten how beautiful the countryside is in C-ville! The race started downtown at the C-ville Running Store and wound through town and then out into horse country. The 1/2 marathon turnaround point had a great view of the mountains while the marathoners continued their run through some pasture area.
After the run Kevin and I had a lovely breakfast with Jordan. She was kind enough to pick up our packets for us the night before. We were right on time for the race, which started at 6:30am...thankfully the race started about ten minutes late. I was late getting to Kevin's house which didn't leave us much time to make the starting line.
Thanks to Jordan we had our packets just in time! Jordan ran the C-ville ten-miler with Kevin a week or so ago. I'm so proud of her new running habit!
Kevin and I had a few hours to recoup before our friend Brooke's wedding last night. It was such a fun event! The wedding was at the Hilton in Old Town, Alexandria. The ceremony was outside in the garden, followed by a cocktail hour and a sit-down dinner. There was a lot of dancing - I was happy I took some preventative advil so I could join in the fun!
I'm a little sore today but not too bad. What a great weekend!

No comments: