Friday, April 20, 2007

on the go

I took a little roadtrip this weekend...left VA after work on Thursday and stayed at my sister Sarah's house in Durham. My original plan was to drive straight thru to GA but I was too tired. I stopped at Sarah's and it ended up being the right decision. Sarah has a very cute apt. and I was happy to get in a good visit with both she and Tom. Tom and I both like watching 'Dangerous Catch' on the Discovery Channel; the show follows the adventures of several different fishing boats in the Baltic Sea. The fisherman are rough and tumble kind of guys and it's amazing how much cash they can earn in a short season hauling in king crabs.
I was very thankful to have a great in-between place to crash last night. I continued the journey this morning and listened to my i-pod through the radio adaptor the whole way. I love my 'on the go' playlist feature that allows you to compose an instant playlist from the playlists already loaded on your i-pod. It was a fun trip and I'm so happy its actully spring here in the south. It's been nasty in VA - rainy, snowy, cold, gray days.....
My brother R. (James) is also home this weekend - he is a blast to hang out with and always up for adventures. There's a golf tournament going on in my neighborhood - a Nationwide Tour event - so we'll probably hang out on the deck and drink beer and watch golf.

No comments: