Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spring?

I think it's a little too early to say that spring is here for good, but we had a nice taste of it today. I went for a long walk this morning, worked out at the gym and will soon head out to Tortilla Coast on capitol hill for a good time with friends and margaritas and maybe some chips and guac...

Last night my good friends Brooke and Jeff came over for dinner. The brought the beer and I supplied the rest. I tried roasted green beans this time and they turned out really well. If anyone wants to try...heat oven to 450 and put a cookie sheet in the oven for about ten minutes to heat up. Toss the beans in a couple teaspoons of olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, then arrange them in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Cook for about 8 minutes. Delish!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

That sounds good with the green beans! I have made asparagus that way before and it turns out good too!!!

I'm glad you are exploring the brunette life with me :) My hairdresser told me that my natural color had too much "ash" for my skin tone...I think that is a nice way to say I have mousy dishwater color hair naturally :) Was it hard for you to get used to at first? I'm still surprised when I look in the mirror!