Monday, February 19, 2007

"hope is the thing with feathers"

I decided to name my blog "hope is the thing with feathers" because even in sadness I've had hope for the future. My sister Sarah just told me that 'Hope' ("hope is the thing with feathers" is the first line of the poem) is her favorite Emily Dickinson poem...I had no idea!

We had the day off today, so I accomplished a lot of errands including returning shoes, washing the caked salt and snow off my car, and starting work on a folder I'm entitling "things I love." I have a collection of items including quotes I've ripped out of magazines, an amazing picture of Cate Blanchett in a Roman helmet from Vogue February 2007, and odds and ends I've collected over the years that I love but have no place to put.....

I also went to the gym today. I've been quite stir-crazy for the past week because we had a lot of snow and ice making it impossible to run or do anything outside, or even park anywhere, so going to the gym was also a challenge. My friend Kimberly and I are planning to do a mini-triathlon in early summer, so I'm now in training mode.

Tomorrow the work week begins again, but tonight I'm going to see "Breach" - not my agency, but close enough.

No comments: