Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"pleasure lies in pursuit, not in the attainment"



This is Jenny Lake in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I've had the opportunity to go twice and would love to go again, and again...This pic reminds me, though, that the people/places I love the most I just have to enjoy and let go. I miss being with my family, but also have realized that staying in GA just to be close to them would have closed a lot of doors personally and professionally. I think I've finally found the balance between appreciating people and places without having to own them, so to speak...I'm not sure that will make sense to all of you, but it makes sense to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The not owning thing makes sense to me, even it it's kinda hard to get to. Thing is, especially with regard to people, I'd much rather have them in my life because the WANT to be there, not because I "own" them or because they "should" be there or because they "need" to be there. The native American notion about not owning property has been around for quite a while, so there must be something to that, too. One of my favorite lines is "Be Here Now." I even have a piece of art on my office wall with that on it that Erin did for me. The currently popular term for that sentiment is "mindfulness", I think. Enough.