Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

I have always been anti-new year's eve. I'm not sure why...maybe because its such a buildup or because the emphasis is on drinking or on having a date. But even when I've had dates the new year's eve celebration isn't too much fun. This year I turned down party invites with the intention of staying home and preparing for the bedhead brunch I planned to host on new year's day. I love what NYday has to offer...the clean slate, the promise that every new year brings.

Anyway, long story short, I ended up having a great NYeve. My friend Susan came over to help me prepare for the brunch and we spent the evening eating grilled pb and j's (they are really good!) and having a few drinks - jack daniels in honor of my dad.

Susan makes a 'napkin list' every year of goals, resolutions, or random thoughts about the year ahead. This year we each made a 'happiness list' of things that always make us happy - images, etc. that each of us can call on in times of sorrow to remind us of all we have to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my family, my sister Sarah (and Kerry!) and brothers James and Tom, for my parents, for my good friends, for my colleagues, for my faith, for all that gives me inspiration, for all that keeps me stable, and for all the promise of the coming year.
Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments: