Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Month of Near-Perfect Livin'




I read about a woman who experimented with a month of near-perfect living. She studied the food pyramid and followed it closely. She got the recommended 60 minutes of exercise five days a week and 8 hours of sleep a night. She even flossed every night, which apparently was a struggle before... The first few days were tough but she stuck it out and at the end of week one she could see physical and mental changes. And at the end of one month of near-perfect living she was able to eliminate a lot of the artificial fixes - multiple cups of coffee and undereye makeup to cover the dark circles - she relied on so heavily before.
I'm thinking about trying my own experiment. I do well on the exercise part but I definitely don't get eight hours of sleep and I rely a lot on the artificial fixes.
Has anyone tried this type of experiment??

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

whew...don't know if I could have that much determination to try that experiment. I can't even give up Coke!!!!!

Happy Inauguration Day! Give me a call whenever! My mom is in town and we've been sanding and finishing cabinets and putting in shelf paper. Fun!!!!! :)